Per usual I’m not sure how in the world that happened. But here we are. Ready to tackle the (almost) second half of 2017.
Its that time of the month where I publicly admit to you all that I haven’t done super amazing on my goals (but I really am trying!) If you’re new to the game here you can check out my previous updates from 2017 so far: January / February / March / April and my original post here.
FITNESS & HEALTH GOALS:
- Annie kicked my butt in May – we upped the intensity and lowered the weight in my workouts and whew, they were brutal (in a good way)
- I finally went back to yoga twice in May (whoop!)
- I got my body fat checked at the beginning of the month and I have a goal to hit by my birthday (July 21), BUT I also came to the realization that the skinniest Maddy isn’t the happiest one – so I’m really focusing on intuitive eating but still counting my macros (most days)
What I need to work on:
- I completely blanked on May’s progress pictures, but I’m snapping some for June!
- I ate a bagel or two this month (and didn’t die haha) but I’ve still managed to cut out a good amount of junk (aka candy) so I’m feeling good.
- I had more Elevate clients in May and have a list of people to get on the schedule for June and July so that makes my heart happy
- Plus I’m working to coach a swim team and co-manage a pool this summer, so no more being trapped in the dungeon! (admittedly I am starting to stress a bit about next steps but trying to give myself grace)
What I need to work on:
- I restarted You Are a Badass in May since April was a bit of a whirlwind and am not quite done yet. We will see if I can knock out that and another book this month to make up for it!
- Also – embarrassed to admit, but I’ve failed the 52 weeks of savings plan (UGH), but being between jobs for almost two months really made that a challenge.
- Being more mindful with purchases (in general). Luckily my cost of living here is significantly lower, and I really have no need for any more clothes for the summer (since I work in a swimsuit) so I’ve been trying to remind myself that every time I’m looking online and its going pretty well. I’m also trying to sell an item if I bring a new one into my closet, so I have a big box I need to drop at the local resale shop
- My sisters and I are taking my mom to see Train in concert as a belated Mother’s Day gift later this month (which were all excited about)
- And we have weekend one tickets for Electric Forest near the end of the month, but other than that I’ll be working a lot and staying local in June!
Alright friends, I think that’s about it! How are you goals progressing for the year?
Shop my look: