Friends in freezing temperatures, please bear with me.
I know it seems crazy to even mention spring right now, but in California the weather is feeling pretty darn springy. Normally I wouldn’t be shopping for spring this early, but since I can wear majority of these pieces now, I decided to go for it. Below are some of the pieces I’ve already picked up, and others I’m loving.
• I used my ShopBop credits to purchase the mustard blouse and pink gingham top. While the gingham top isn’t exactly winter-friendly, you could easily style the mustard blouse now by adding a blazer or thick cardigan on top.
• My friend Becca highly recommended Ann Taylor’s Modern Skinny Jean (far right) so I waited for 40% off and ordered a pair myself. I had been on the hunt for a medium wash, work appropriate (no holes) and simple pair of jeans.
• I snagged these BaubleBar earrings (middle pair). I’m weird about earrings (they HAVE to be lightweight) and these were light enough for me to wear to work all day. I can’t wait to pair them with everything I own from now until at least September. My friend Kristina purchased the Melina hoops (far right pair) and loves them as well. (Plus BaubleBar has free shipping.)
• Target has some great spring shoes available now (and all for affordable prices). I picked up the perforated lace up flats (far right) in a tan color and they are adorable in person! PS. If you’re not into lace up flats they come in a regular flat style as well (here!)
• Currently on the hunt for a lightweight classic trench coat. I ordered this one from Old Navy but ended up returning it because it was thick and too long on my frame.
• Last but not least – blush bags are on my radar for spring. I had a Rebecca Minkoff one (here), but ended up selling it this past fall. Recently I found a small crossbody one at TJ Maxx for a great deal and shared it on Instagram (here).
Has anyone else started picking up items for spring? If so, I would love to know what you’ve snagged!
I’m focusing on purchasing pieces that can work for all different types of events (work, travel, weekend, parties, etc) and that work well with the items already in my closet.
Happy Thursday friends!